Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Spanish seafood/rice dish with a healthy twist.
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- Brown chorizo and remove from pan.
- Brown chicken and remove from pan.
- Brown pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Then add salt, rice,water and saffron.
- Simmer with lid for 20 minutes.
- Add meat and seafood and steam with lid on about 5 minutes or until shrimp is pink and scallops are bright white.
- Serve in the pan.