1/1 Photo of Paella
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons oregano
- 4 teaspoons dry basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts, skinned and cut in bite-size pieces (1 lb.)
- 12 large shrimp
- 3 chorizo sausage, in small pieces (3 oz.)
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups rice
- 3 cups hot chicken broth
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2-3/4 lb scallops
- 12 clams or 12 mussels
- 2 pimientos, cut into strips
- 1In a bowl, combine olive oil, oregano, dry basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 2Place chicken and shrimp in another bowl; pour over marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Heat about 1 tablespoon marinade in frypan over medium heat. Remove chicken and drain; add to pan and cook until lightly brown.
- 3Remove from pan; set aside. Add sausage to pan; cook over medium heat until well browned.
- 4Add onions and green pepper to pan; raise heat to medium-high; cook until vegetables are soft. Stir in rice; brown slightly.
- 5Add broth, tomatoes, saffron, coriander, chicken and sausage; boil, cover, heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until rice is tender.
- 6Add peas and scallops; toss gently.
- 7Transfer Paella to large ovenproof 6-quart baking dish or paella pan.
- 8Drain shrimp; push into rice mixture along with clams.
- 9Bake, covered, in 350 degrees oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and clams open.
- 10Garnish with pimento strips, if desired.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paella
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 677.8
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 1506.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 36.1 g