Halcyon Eve's Note:
My husband loves paella, so my mother adapted her recipe to make it kosher for him. It's wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2-3 lbs chicken pieces
- 3/4-1 lb bulk turkey sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and cut into large dice
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron thread, crumbled (be careful not to lose any!)
- 1 lb boneless halibut fillet, cubed (or any firm-fleshed fish)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (13 ounce) can water-pack artichoke hearts, drained
- 1Brown chicken pieces in olive oil in a large, deep saute pan. Remove and set aside.
- 2Brown sausage, breaking apart as it cooks, in drippings in pan.
- 3Add onion and tomatoes and cook until tender.
- 4Stir in broth, rice, and seasonings. Return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- 5Add fish and carefully stir into paella. Cook another 15 minutes.
- 6Add peas and artichoke hearts and cook until heated through.
Nutritional Facts for Paella
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.3
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 90.5 mg
- Sodium 912.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 37.1 g