3 hrs 2 mins
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 32 mins
A Spanish dish that varies from region to region. This one has sausage, chicken, seafood, rice, and vegetables. A delicious one-pot meal. Please use a paella pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken legs
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded,chopped,and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh green peas or 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 18 -20 steamer clams, in shells well scrubbed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 2 limes, cut into wedges,for garnish
- 1In a big non-stick skillet, stir/saute the chorizo over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until browned.
- 2Transfer chorizo using a slotted spoon to a paper-towel lined plate.
- 3(Add oil as needed to the skillet) Add chicken legs to the skillet; cook for about 10 minutes, turning frequently until legs are browned on all sides.
- 4Season with salt and pepper to taste; lower heat to medium-low, cover and cook about 20 minutes or until chicken is tender; transfer chicken to paper towel lined plates.
- 5In a saucepan, add the rice, chicken stock, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and saffron.
- 6Bring to a boil; decrease heat to low, cover and cook about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- 7Preheat oven to 350°.
- 8Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; add in onion, bell peppers, and garlic; stir/saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- 9Add in tomatoes, parsley, and pimientos; stir/saute 2 more minutes; transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- 10Transfer rice to a paella pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- 11Add in chorizo, sauteed vegetables, and peas; gently stir to combine.
- 12Press shrimp into the rice mixture and lay chicken legs on top.
- 13Arrange clams around them.
- 14Bake, uncovered, for about 25-30 minutes or until the clams open up and paella is heated through (throw out any clams that do not open up).
- 15Sprinkle with parsley and garnish with lime wedges; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paella
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.5
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 1035.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 56.7 g