2 hrs 30 mins
A healthy crunchy salad, prep time does not include soaking, cooking and cooling time. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups lentils
- 1 fuji apple, cored and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of, 1/2 ripe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1Wash the lentils and soak them for 2 hours in tepid water; drain.
- 2In a deep pot, add 8 cups of water to the lentils, bring to a boil, cover, and cook on low heat for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 3Rinse the lentils with cold water and drain. Make sure the lentils are cooked but firm, not mushy.
- 4In a large bowl, mix together the lentils, apple, bell pepper, jalapeno, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and parsley. Stir and set aside in the fridge.
- 5Just before serving, heat the sesame oil on medium-high heat.
- 6When hot, roast the ginger and coconut for a few minutes until golden and toasty.
- 7Sprinkle this garnish over the lentils and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Padma's Lentil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.5
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 400.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 7.3 g