Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A healthy crunchy salad, prep time does not include soaking, cooking and cooling time. Enjoy!
Make and share this Padma's Lentil Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups lentils
- 1 fuji apple, cored and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of, 1/2 ripe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Wash the lentils and soak them for 2 hours in tepid water; drain.
- In a deep pot, add 8 cups of water to the lentils, bring to a boil, cover, and cook on low heat for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Rinse the lentils with cold water and drain. Make sure the lentils are cooked but firm, not mushy.
- In a large bowl, mix together the lentils, apple, bell pepper, jalapeno, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and parsley. Stir and set aside in the fridge.
- Just before serving, heat the sesame oil on medium-high heat.
- When hot, roast the ginger and coconut for a few minutes until golden and toasty.
- Sprinkle this garnish over the lentils and serve immediately.