1 hr 20 mins
A friend asked me to come up with a pumpkin desert for her. It was a hit, and everyone at the event wanted the recipe, so here it is. One of our friends asked me to name the recipe after him. Here it is Pat. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces whipping cream, well chilled
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups milk, cold
- 4 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding (may substitute butterscotch instant pudding for some or all of the packages for a stronger flavor)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (NOT pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1Place chilled whipping cream into a chilled stainless steel bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat cream, on high speed, until cream is fairly stiff (do not over beat). Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- 2Crust: Place flour, pecans and butter in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir until all ingredients are moist. Press mixture into 9" X 13" dish. Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. Cool on baking rack.
- 3Second Layer: Mix together cream cheese, 1 cup of reserved whipped cream, and powdered sugar. When mixture is smooth, spread over cooled crust. Place in refrigerator.
- 4Third Layer: Mix together canned pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
- 5Whisk together 2 cups cold milk and packages of instant pudding mix (mixture will be stiff).
- 6To pudding mixture, add pumpkin mixture, stirring until well blended.
- 7Spread pumpkin filling over cream cheese layer. Place in refrigerator and allow to set up.
- 8Fouth Layer: Spread remaining whipped cream over top of pumpkin layer. Garnish with a slight dusting of ground nutmeg.
- 9Refrigerate until serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paddy's Pumpkin Delight
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.6
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 59.4 mg
- Sodium 338.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g