Recipe by Glassylady
A friend asked me to come up with a pumpkin desert for her. It was a hit, and everyone at the event wanted the recipe, so here it is. One of our friends asked me to name the recipe after him. Here it is Pat. Enjoy.
Top Review by kberg
This was alot of fun to make. Even though my group loved it just the way it was, I was looking for more of a pumpkin flavored dessert. I will try using the butterscotch substitution to see if that will give me the flavor I am craving this fall. But this recipe is yummy if you love vanilla (which I do)!
- 16 ounces whipping cream, well chilled
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups milk, cold
- 4 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding (may substitute butterscotch instant pudding for some or all of the packages for a stronger flavor)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (NOT pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chilled whipping cream into a chilled stainless steel bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat cream, on high speed, until cream is fairly stiff (do not over beat). Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Crust: Place flour, pecans and butter in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir until all ingredients are moist. Press mixture into 9" X 13" dish. Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. Cool on baking rack.
- Second Layer: Mix together cream cheese, 1 cup of reserved whipped cream, and powdered sugar. When mixture is smooth, spread over cooled crust. Place in refrigerator.
- Third Layer: Mix together canned pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
- Whisk together 2 cups cold milk and packages of instant pudding mix (mixture will be stiff).
- To pudding mixture, add pumpkin mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Spread pumpkin filling over cream cheese layer. Place in refrigerator and allow to set up.
- Fouth Layer: Spread remaining whipped cream over top of pumpkin layer. Garnish with a slight dusting of ground nutmeg.
- Refrigerate until serving.