Similar to Pad Thai but the noodles are lighter .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups chicken breasts, sliced
- 8 ounces cellophane noodles, soaked in hot water* cut into 4 lengths
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 scallions, white & green portions sliced on diagonal into 1 pieces (green onions)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Heat oil and sauté garlic until golden.
- 2Add onions. Stir-fry until onions have wilted (about 3 min.).
- 3Add meat and cook until tender.
- 4Add noodles and toss.
- 5Make a hole in center of mixture and break the eggs.
- 6Slowly stir the eggs only until set, and then break them up and mix with the noodles.
- 7Stir in the sprouts, celery and scallions, and cook until heated.
- 8Season with Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce and pepper.
- 9Garnish with chopped peanuts and serve.
- 10*Soak noodles in hot water for about five minutes until they are soft, but firm and not mushy. Rinse with cold water before cooking.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pad Woonsen
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.2
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 893.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: