A vegetarian version of a Thai take-out staple. Also quick to prepare, so good for a quick weeknight dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot sauce (sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced (about 5 ounces)
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1 cup green onion, tops, sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 8 ounces rice stick noodles, wide, cooked and drained ((Banh Pho)
- 4 lime wedges
- 1To prepare sauce, in a bowl, combine first 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- 2To prepare noodles, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, carrot, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes.
- 3Add sauce and tofu; cook 1 minute.
- 4Stir in coconut milk; cook 2 minutes.
- 5Stir in next 6 ingredients (lettuce through noodles); cook 1 minute.
- 6Serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pad Thai With Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.0
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 855.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk