Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A vegetarian version of a Thai take-out staple. Also quick to prepare, so good for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot sauce (sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced (about 5 ounces)
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1 cup green onion, tops, sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 8 ounces rice stick noodles, wide, cooked and drained ((Banh Pho)
- 4 lime wedges
- To prepare sauce, in a bowl, combine first 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- To prepare noodles, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, carrot, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add sauce and tofu; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in coconut milk; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in next 6 ingredients (lettuce through noodles); cook 1 minute.
- Serve with lime wedges.