Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Traditional Pad Thai served with a delicious Peanut Butter Sauce poured over the noodles. It's absolutely addictive. The Peanut Butter Sauce is also a nice dip for fresh Spring Rolls.
- 1 (8 ounce) package rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Thai fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sweet soy sauce
- 2 green onions, stems only, diced
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, ground
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, stems only, diced
- 1⁄2 lemon, cut into wedges
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1 tablespoon red chili paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pad Thai:.
- Soak rice noodles in cold water for 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet or wok over medium heat. Stir-fry garlic for 3-4 minutes. Add the noodles and stir-fry until the noodles are translucent. Reduce heat if the noodles begin to stick together.
- Add fish sauce, sugar, vinegar and paprika. Continue to stir-fry until combined.
- Stir in egg. Increase heat to high and cook, until egg sets. Reduce heat to medium-high and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes until most of the liquid is reduced.
- Stir in soy sauce, green onions, peanuts and bean sprouts. Mix well and plate.
- Peanut Butter Sauce:.
- Combine chili paste, coconut milk, fish sauce and peanut butter in sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar and boil for approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour approximately 2 tablespoons of sauce over individual servings of Pad Thai.
- Serve with:.
- Side dishes filled with bean sprouts, chopped green onion tops, lemon wedges.
Not very good. If you bother to try this recipe, leave out the vinegar, use half as much peanut butter, add some spice and make more sauce and add the noodles last. Otherwise you will end up with a mushy mess. Nowhere near spicy enough. I will not use this one again.