1/11 Photos of Pad Thai With Chicken and Shrimp
Just Call Me Martha's Note:
PLEASE NOTE: This calls for one 1/2 pound package of noodles. Not one pound. Not a pound and a half. I'm not sure how else to write it so that it's clearer. I think this is a great Pad Thai recipe - quick and easy. It's certainly a favourite in our house. I would suggest making a double batch of the sauce, so the dish is even more flavorful. For those with milder tastes, cut back on the red pepper flakes. The recipe as is has quite a bite to it. This isn't a "authentic" Pad Thai recipe, so if that's what you are looking for, then this may not be it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/2 lb) package rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce (sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 lb fresh shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (hot)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 5 green onions
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (coriander)
- 3 limes
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- 1Place noodles in large bowl and cover with boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Mix together fish sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire, chili-garlic sauce and sugar.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Cut chicken into 1" cubes.
- 7Peel and de-vein raw shrimp and chop coarsely.
- 8Finely chop garlic.
- 9Heat peanut oil in large frying pan or wok.
- 10Add garlic, chicken, shrimp and red pepper flakes.
- 11Stir until shrimp turns pink.
- 12Add sauce mixture and stir for 3 more minutes.
- 13Add beaten eggs and stir constantly for one minute.
- 14Add drained rice noodles and toss until coated.
- 15Stir in bean sprouts, onions and 1/2 cup cilantro.
- 16Stir and toss for a minute or so, until heated.
- 17Spoon out onto large serving platter.
- 18Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and remaining cilantro.
- 19Top with slices or wedges of lime, which will be used to squeeze over noodles upon serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pad Thai With Chicken and Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.7
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 118.6 mg
- Sodium 951.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: