1/1 Photo of Pad Thai With Chicken and Shrimp
Thailand’s most famous noodle dish. This dish comes together quickly, so it's handy to have the ingredients prepped and ready before you begin. I don't care for cilantro so I leave it out, but I posted the recipe as it was written.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces rice noodles, uncooked
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 6 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaf, whole, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- 1Prepare rice noodles according to the package. Drain and rinse under cold water; set aside in a bowl.
- 2Combine water, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar and red pepper flakes in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3Heat one tsp oil in a pan or wok over medium heat. Add beaten egg and stir fry. Remove scrambled egg from pan and add to noodles.
- 4Add one tsp oil to heated pan, stir in garlic, chicken and shrimp. Stir fry just until chicken turns opaque and loses its pink color.
- 5Add green onions and cook an additional minute.
- 6Add noodle-egg mixture and sauce, cook until thoroughly heated.
- 7Remove from heat; toss with bean sprouts and cilantro.
- 8Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pad Thai With Chicken and Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 127.7 mg
- Sodium 2353.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 23.0 g