Recipe by Miss Erin C.
This is one of my favorite dishes when we got to a Thai restaurant. The recipe I have calls for pork and shrimp, but I like to make it with chicken.
Top Review by aemilehi
Yum, yum, yum!! This was so good and so authentic! The layers of flavor were quite intriguing and before you know it the bowl is empty! This recipe made plenty for two. The only thing I did add was a tablespoon of ketjap manis because it wasn't really balanced to my palate with just the sugar.
- 16 ounces flat stick rice noodles
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 2 fresh red chilies
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 cup fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb fresh bean sprout, washed and drained
- 4 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons roasted peanuts, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot of boiling water, drop int he rice noodles for about 1 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent sticking.
- Remove fom heat and drain in a colander, rinse with cold water, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large wok and stir-fry the garlic and onion until golden brown.
- Add the chicken and chilis.
- Stir-fry for 5 minutes and add the sugar, fish sauce, salt, lime juice, ketchup, black pepper, noodles and bean sprouts.
- Stir well for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a large serving platter and garnish with green onion and crushed peanuts.