1/1 Photo of Pad Thai (Vegan)
This is not the most authentic version of Pad Thai but we really enjoy it and it's also a very cheap recipe to make. We were sceptical of the instructions that say not to stir the first time we made this but we followed them and it does work. If you aren't vegan, you might want to add some shrimp or a fried egg on top. We often substitute the frozen peas for whatever vegetable we happen to have around the house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the garlic and onion in a large, deep frying pan.
- 2After a couple minutes, add the tofu and green onion. Let it fry away without stirring.
- 3After a few more minutes, throw the peanut butter glob in the center and pile on the grated carrot, frozen peas, and mushrooms.
- 4Put the lemon juice, hot sauce and hoisin sauce on top as well, still without stirring it yet.
- 5Let everything cook away over a medium heat for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables have reached a nice consistency.
- 6Give the heap a big stir.
- 7Soak the rice noodles in boiled water for 5-8 minutes and mix them in well with the fried vegetable mixture.
- 8Squeeze on a bit more lemon, serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pad Thai (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.2
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 713.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 115.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 24.8 g