A native Thai woman made this for a Thai cooking class. This is how she learned to make it from her mother. We tasted the dish and it was great. We did not have Pad Thai sauce with it but she said the store bought type was fine. Vegetables or tofu may be substituted for the chicken. She noted that overcooked noodles do not stir-fry well and do not look good. If using fresh noodles, instead of dried, they will cook in less than 1 minute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (454 g) package rice noodles
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 -3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon oyster sauce (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- fresh cilantro
- fresh lime juice (optional)
- 1 jar paad Thai sauce (optional)
- 1Boil noodles until just soft (do not overcook).
- 2Drain water and place noodles in separate bowl.
- 3Meanwhile, heat 3 Tbsp oil in wok on high heat.
- 4Add garlic, shallots, oyster sauce, chicken and stir-fry until cooked.
- 5Move mixture to 1/2 of wok and add eggs on empty 1/2 of wok.
- 6Cook eggs.
- 7Mix eggs and chicken.
- 8Add noodles, fish sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, black pepper and brown sugar, stirring quickly so that noodles do not stick together.
- 9Stir in bean sprouts, green onion and peanuts.
- 10Garnish with fresh cilantro and a quick squeeze of lime juice.
- 11Serve immediately, with Pad Thai sauce, as desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pad Thai (Thai Stir-Fried Noodles)
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 896.1
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 130.7 mg
- Sodium 2116.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 29.7 g