This recipe was sent to me by my friend, Faye, in Canberra, Australia. It has become an addiction.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 g pork fillets, cut into thin strips (chicken breast is a fine substitute)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 10 large green shrimp, halved lengthwise (frozen ones, thawed, are fine)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (I use 2-3) (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten (I use 2)
- 150 g flat rice noodles (preferably Banh Pho)
- 1 dash white pepper
- 250 g bean sprouts, washed and drained
- 1/2 cup spring onions or 1/2 cup shallot, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons palm sugar or 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lightly packed dry shrimp, ground in mortar and pestle
- 1 tablespoon sour shrimp paste
- 1Soak noodles in hot water while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- 2Prepare the ingredients and place near the wok.
- 3Heat the wok on medium heat and lightly fry the pork.
- 4When half cooked, add the prawns and garlic.
- 5Stir-fry until pork and prawns are cooked.
- 6Add beaten egg to the mixture, stirring for about 30 seconds.
- 7Turn heat to high and add drained noodles and combined seasoning.
- 8Sprinkle in the white pepper and chilli powder.
- 9Toss to combine, reduce heat and allow to cook undisturbed for approximately 2 minutes, turning once.
- 10Push noodles to the back of the wok and add sprouts and spring onions, tossing the noodles on top and allowing them to cook for approximately 1 minute.
- 11Stir well and serve garnished with peanuts, spring onions, coriander and lime/lemon wedges.
- 12Note: the lime/lemon juice takes some of the heat out of the chili!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pad Thai
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 889.4
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 324.1 mg
- Sodium 4105.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 54.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: