Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Simply Thai Cooking"
- 250 g rice noodles
- 1⁄4 cup plum preserves
- 1⁄4 cup date spread
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 125 g chicken breasts
- 125 g tofu, fried
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, roasted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook noodles according to directions.
- Use a blender to turn peanuts into a coarse meal, if they were not chopped to begin with.
- Combine prune, date and apricot preserves.
- Add fish sauce, sugar and lemon juice.
- Slice chicken into 5 mm strips. Slice fried tofu into cubes.
- Stir-fry garlic, and then chicken. Add tofu. Break eggs into the wok and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked noodles and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add fruit preserve mixture. Stir fry for 1 minute. Noodles will be al dente.
- Add 2/3 of ground peanuts and stir. Add 2/3 of the bean sprouts and all of the scallions. Stir fry for 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Transfer noodles to a serving dish and garnish with the remaining sprouts and peanuts as well as the red pepper strips and cilantro.