Adding for ZWT 6. Most of the "cooking" time is for soaking the noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup peeled shrimp, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nuoc mam or man pla)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt, as needed
- 1 1/2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup dry roasted salted peanut, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- minced cilantro leaf
- 2 limes or 2 lemons, quartered
- 1Soak the noodles in warm water until soft (15-30 minutes). Drain thoroughly and toss with half the oil.
- 2Heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat in a wok or large, deep non-stick skillet for a minute or so, until the first wisps of smoke appear.
- 3Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- 4Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, for another 30 seconds. Shrimp does not need to be fully cooked at this time.
- 5Add the eggs and let sit for 15 seconds or until they begin to set.
- 6Scramble the eggs with the shrimp and garlic, breaking up large clumps.
- 7Add the fish sauce and sugar. Cook, stirring, for 15 seconds.
- 8Add the noodles. Toss and cook until heated through. Add salt to taste.
- 9Add 1 cup of bean sprouts and toss until evenly distributed.
- 10Turn out the noodles onto a platter and garnish with remaining sprouts, peanuts, crushed red pepper flakes, and cilantro.
- 11Squeeze lemon or lime juice all over and serve.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pad Thai
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.5
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 216.2 mg
- Sodium 1130.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: