Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here we have another version of Pad Thai. I got this recipe from Canadian Living Magazine. There is alot of chopping to do. Prep ahead and save yourself some time when you put this dish together. I hope you enjoy.
- 6 ounces rice stick noodles
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon asian chili paste (or hot pepper sauce)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
- 12 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces tofu, cubed
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup toasted peanuts, chopped
- lime wedge, to garnish
- coriander sprig, to garnish
- in large bowl, soak noodles in warm water until flexible, about 15 minutes. drain and place in large dry bowl, set aside.
- meanwhile in a small bowl, mix together chile sauce, fish saucce, lime juice, 1/2 cup water and chile paste, set aside.
- in wok heat 1 tablespoon oil over med-high heat, stir fry garlic, shallots, and green and red peppers until softened, about 4 minutes, add to noodles.
- add remaing oil to wok, stir fry shrimp until pink, about 2 minutes, add fish sauce mixture and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, stir in egg, cook, stirring until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute.
- add noodle mixture, tofu, bean sprouts, green onions and chopped coriander, toss and stir fry until noodles are tender, about 3 minutes.
- garnish with peanuts, coriander sprigs and lime wedges.