Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of those recipes that may look a little daunting due to the long list of ingredients, but it's a matter of assembling everything - and then going for it! It's actually really quick - and of course - really delicious. Perfect with a glass of crisp white wine!
- 500 g green prawns (deveined and tails removed)
- 1 small chicken breast, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 200 g fresh rice noodles (or I also use udon noodles - 1 small pack per person)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon bean sprouts (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fried shallots (to garnish)
- Combine prawns, soy sauce and garlic - marinade 10 mins.
- Soften noodles in boiling water, drain.
- Heat oil in wok - add onion and cook until golden, add ginger cook extra minute.
- Add prawns and chicken - stir fry until cooked.
- Add combined sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and sambal olek to the wok and stir fry.
- Add drained noodles to wok and mix through with other ingredients
- Add coriander, mint and peanuts to wok and mix through.
- Serve in bowls, topped with shallots and bean sprouts.