amanda l b's Note:
This is one of those recipes that may look a little daunting due to the long list of ingredients, but it's a matter of assembling everything - and then going for it! It's actually really quick - and of course - really delicious. Perfect with a glass of crisp white wine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g green prawns (deveined and tails removed)
- 1 small chicken breast, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 200 g fresh rice noodles (or I also use udon noodles - 1 small pack per person)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon bean sprouts (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fried shallots (to garnish)
- 1Combine prawns, soy sauce and garlic - marinade 10 mins.
- 2Soften noodles in boiling water, drain.
- 3Heat oil in wok - add onion and cook until golden, add ginger cook extra minute.
- 4Add prawns and chicken - stir fry until cooked.
- 5Add combined sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and sambal olek to the wok and stir fry.
- 6Add drained noodles to wok and mix through with other ingredients
- 7Add coriander, mint and peanuts to wok and mix through.
- 8Serve in bowls, topped with shallots and bean sprouts.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pad Thai
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.1
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 361.4 mg
- Sodium 4273.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 58.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: