Recipe by *Alia*
I love Pad Thai but I find that the Pad Thai seasoning mixes are rather bland. This is a wonderful alternative and is a huge hit in my family.
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 59.14 ml fish sauce
- 44.37 ml water
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 453.59 g rice sticks, flat noodles
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 yellow pepper, julienne
- 1 red pepper, julienne
- 78.07 ml peanuts, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk together oyster sauce, ketchup, fish sauce, water, soy sauce, and sugar, set aside.
- Noodles: Place noodles in a large bowl and rinse with cold water.
- Drain and set aside. Noodles should be dry and al dente.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs together and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and minced garlic.
- Fry garlic until lightly golden in color and add eggs immediately.
- Begin to scramble the eggs, follow with the drained noodles before the eggs set (while the eggs are partially cooked and still wet) so that they can coat the noodles.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of the marinade, the vegetables and heat thoroughly.
- Add more marinade if noodles are too dry.
- Top with peanuts.