Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Origin: The New Canadian Basics Cookbook. I use 1 box of pad Thai noodles, 2 chicken breasts, 1 bag of frozen shrimp and I double the sauce.
- 226.79 g dried rice noodles
- 118.29 ml fish sauce
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml Thai red curry paste (or to taste)
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 226.79 g chicken breast, boneless and skinless cut into thin strips
- 226.79 g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 473.18 ml fresh bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 118.29 ml roasted unsalted peanuts
- fresh coriander leaves
- lime wedge
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Mix together fish sauce, ketchup, lime juice, sugar and chile paste; set aside.
- In wok over medium high heat, heat the oil.
- Add garlic, chicken and shrimp; stir fry until chicken looses its pink colour.
- Push chicken and shrimp aside and pour in egg: let set slightly then stir to scramble.
- Add noodles, bean sprouts, green onions and reserved sauce.
- Stir fry until noodles are softened and everything is mixed together and hot.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with peanuts and garnished with lime and corriander.