1/1 Photo of Pad Thai
Camden Cook's Note:
Origin: The New Canadian Basics Cookbook. I use 1 box of pad Thai noodles, 2 chicken breasts, 1 bag of frozen shrimp and I double the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb dried rice noodles
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless cut into thin strips
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- 2Mix together fish sauce, ketchup, lime juice, sugar and chile paste; set aside.
- 3In wok over medium high heat, heat the oil.
- 4Add garlic, chicken and shrimp; stir fry until chicken looses its pink colour.
- 5Push chicken and shrimp aside and pour in egg: let set slightly then stir to scramble.
- 6Add noodles, bean sprouts, green onions and reserved sauce.
- 7Stir fry until noodles are softened and everything is mixed together and hot.
- 8Serve immediately, sprinkled with peanuts and garnished with lime and corriander.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pad Thai
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.8
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 133.8 mg
- Sodium 2441.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste