Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
When you want something healthy, quick, easy and tasty, this recipe has got it all.
- 200 g rice sticks, noodles
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 500 g chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 green shallots, sliced on diagonal
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup bean sprouts, tails removed
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 small red chile, finely sliced
- lime wedge, to serve
- Put noodles in a large bowl. Cover with hot water and stand until softened and white. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside. Combine chili sauce, lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar in a jug.
- Heat a wok or large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add a little of the oil and cook chicken strips in batches until lightly browned. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil. Stir-fry shallots for 1 minute Add drained noodles to wok and stir until well combined. Add sauce mixture. Toss until well combined then add egg tossing through all ingredients. Return chicken to wok with bean sprouts and cook for 1-2 mins or until just heated through.
- Spoon into serving bowls. Sprinkle with peanuts, coriander leaves and slices of chili. Serve with lime wedges.