Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The owners of our favorite Thai restaurant decided to return to Bangkok, Before she left she very kindly shared her recipes with me.
- 1 (8 ounce) package rice noodles
- 1 egg, hard boiled, chopped
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped fine
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, sliced finely
- 4 shrimp, peeled & cooked
- Soak the rice sticks in cold water for 2 hours Drain.
- Put some oil in a wok and add rice sticks, vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, paprika and water and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken,bean sprouts and shrimp and stir fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Put on a serving plate and garnish with the chopped peanuts.
This is sooo bland. It needs something, some kind of spice. It would have fed atleast 4 people. I will not make this again, but some may like the very mild/bland taste.
Good recipe; instead of using a hard-boiled egg, i put in a beaten egg after I put all the ingredients in the pan. I'm still on the lookout for a "saucier" pad thai recipe.
Now this IS a great Asian dish! After soaking the rice noodles, this dish takes on minutes to make, I also added in 2 teaspoons dry chili flakes and some fresh garlic, very tasty, I love this dish! thanks Debs!...Kitten:)