Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The owners of our favorite Thai restaurant decided to return to Bangkok, Before she left she very kindly shared her recipes with me.
- 1 (8 ounce) package rice noodles
- 1 egg, hard boiled, chopped
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped fine
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, sliced finely
- 4 shrimp, peeled & cooked
- Soak the rice sticks in cold water for 2 hours Drain.
- Put some oil in a wok and add rice sticks, vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, paprika and water and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken,bean sprouts and shrimp and stir fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Put on a serving plate and garnish with the chopped peanuts.
This is sooo bland. It needs something, some kind of spice. It would have fed atleast 4 people. I will not make this again, but some may like the very mild/bland taste.
Good recipe; instead of using a hard-boiled egg, i put in a beaten egg after I put all the ingredients in the pan. I'm still on the lookout for a "saucier" pad thai recipe.
Now this IS a great Asian dish! After soaking the rice noodles, this dish takes on minutes to make, I also added in 2 teaspoons dry chili flakes and some fresh garlic, very tasty, I love this dish! thanks Debs!...Kitten:)