In answer to a query in the threads. I think this recipe may have come originally from Epicurious, can't remember. Serving quantity is for part of a Thai meal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon chopped Thai chile (Less if you don't like it hot)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 lb ground pork or 1/4 lb chopped chicken
- 3 cups dried wide egg noodles, 1/2 inch wide, soaked until tender then drained
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil, and buds
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1Combine sugar and pepper in a small bowl.
- 2Also combine the fish sauce and soy sauce in another bowl.
- 3Have everything ready and next to the stove.
- 4Heat a wok over high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil and heat until a piece of the chopped garlic sizzles immediately when dropped into the wok.
- 5Add the rest of the garlic to the oil and stir fry for 30 seconds, until garlic is golden.
- 6Add the chillies and stir fry another 30 seconds.
- 7Then add either the pork or chicken and stir fry for 3-5 minutes until browned and cooked.
- 8Add the sugar mixture and toss to mix, then the fish sauce mixture, also the vinegar and continue stir frying until the sauce bubbles and thickens a little, about 1 minute.
- 9Add the rice noodles and fold gently and repeatedly until they soften and absorb the sauce, about 3-5 minutes, adding more oil if needed.
- 10Add most of the basil (reserve some for garnish) and toss gently until it begins to wilt.
- 11Add tomatoes, turn once and remove from heat.
- 12Transfer to a platter and garnish with basil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pad Kee Mow
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.0
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 1073.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 13.0 g