Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Never liked asparagus? Try this; it'll convert you. I would have eaten the whole thing by myself but I couldn't handle being stared down by everyone else that was gobbling this up. I had to ask for this recipe.
- 9 inches pie crusts (partially baked with edges covered so they brown later)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard (brown or honey)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 10 -12 young asparagus spears (thin ones)
- 1 -2 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- Mix first seven ingredients until well blended. Set aside.
- Slice half of the asparagus spears and place on the bottom of the piecrust. Pour mixture on top.
- Bake for twenty minutes in a pre-heated 375 oven.
- Remove from oven and arrange remaining asparagus and tomatoes on top of the quiche.
- Continue baking for another 20-30 minutes or until set. Enjoy!
This got rave reviews at a brunch I went to -- there wasn't a slice left! This is my first time making a quiche and it turned out beautifully. I baked the crust for 10 minutes on 350, added more asparagus than the recipe called for, and added 1 minced shallot sauteed in butter in with the asparagus. I roasted the asparagus until tender before placing it in the crust. Delicious!