Never liked asparagus? Try this; it'll convert you. I would have eaten the whole thing by myself but I couldn't handle being stared down by everyone else that was gobbling this up. I had to ask for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 inches pie crusts (partially baked with edges covered so they brown later)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard (brown or honey)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 10 -12 young asparagus spears (thin ones)
- 1 -2 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1Mix first seven ingredients until well blended. Set aside.
- 2Slice half of the asparagus spears and place on the bottom of the piecrust. Pour mixture on top.
- 3Bake for twenty minutes in a pre-heated 375 oven.
- 4Remove from oven and arrange remaining asparagus and tomatoes on top of the quiche.
- 5Continue baking for another 20-30 minutes or until set. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Packer's Asparagus & Tomato Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.8
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 129.4 mg
- Sodium 728.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 11.4 g