Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
This flavorful soup is from Packer country. Hope you like it:)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 lbs chuck roast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, add more as needed
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- Put first six ingredients into bowl-flour through garlic powder.
- Toss meat cubes in mixture.
- Put oil into Dutch oven, heat on medium, brown meat.
- Add onions, stewed tomatoes, beef broth, bay leaf, and pepper.
- Dump in any leftover seasoned flour mixture.
- Bring to a boil; simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots.
- Bring to a boil; simmer for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Add corn, just before serving.
This was the perfect meal to have after watching the Packers win on a rainy and gloomy day! Made as is, just decreased the amount of cayenne pepper, also used baby carrots. Wasn't sure how DH would feel about the tomatoes, but they cooked way down and broke into small pieces so not too noticable. Will be making again during the cold WI winter months. Made for Newest Zaar.