1/2 Photos of Pack It and Go Energy Bars
1 hr 10 mins
This is a great recipe for taking on a hike, a picnic, camping, or just to have in the car for a pick me up! From Foodnetwork.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dark raisin
- 1/2 cup golden raisin (I sometimes sub prunes or dates,cut up)
- 1/2 cup dried apricot
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup golden molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt (mineral salt from the health food store is good)
- 1/2 cup milk (2% is preferable)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2Place oats and sliced almonds on a baking sheet.
- 3Toast in oven for 10 minutes.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Turn the oven to 325°F.
- 6Place raisins, apricots, oats, and almonds in a food processor.
- 7Pulse about 10 times until coarsely chopped.
- 8Set aside.
- 9In the bowl of a heavy-duty mixer fitted with a paddle, beat the butter, brown sugar, molasses and egg until light and fluffy.
- 10In a separate bowl, combine both flours, dry milk, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and salt.
- 11Add to the creamed mixture.
- 12Add the milk and mix thoroughly.
- 13Add dried fruit mixture.
- 14Butter a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 15Pour in the batter and spread evenly.
- 16Bake for about 30 minutes, until set.
- 17Cool in the pan. Cut into 18 (1 x 4-inch) bars.
- 18To store, wrap bars individually in plastic wrap or those little snack baggies.
- 19Will keep for about 1 week. For longer storage, freeze for up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pack It and Go Energy Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1047 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.0
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 105.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g