Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is an easy crockpot dinner with a Pacific Island style sauce ... a favorite in my family.
- 3 lbs boneless beef short ribs
- 1 large onion
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place ribs in bottom of crockpot.
- Chop onion and add to crockpot.
- Combine ketsup, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar, stirring to mix.
- Pour over ribs.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
I think I would use tomato puree instead of ketchup next time, just to cut out some sugar. But it was really good!
This is one of the easiest and wonderful tasting ricipes. I also used boneless skinless chicken breast in the sauce and it was wonderful too.
My WHOLE picky family loved this! Meat was very tender and just fell apart. Leftovers would make wonderful sandwiches.