Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A costal specialty. If you like spicy, stick to the recipe, if not, cut back on the cayenne. Added to my recipe book for ZWT Prep-time does not include marinade time.
- 3 tablespoons gingerroot (minced)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons green onions (diced)
- 4 tuna fillets
- salt and pepper
- Place cumin,coriander,cayenne,oil,salt,pepper,lime juice,zest, ginger and green onions in a shallow dish.
- Add tuna fillets, turn to coat, marinate 1-2 hours.
- Spray outdoor grill with non-stick spray, heat to hot; grill tuna 3/5minutes on each side.
I loved the flavours in this dish, also the spiciness though it was a bit too much spice for DH. I ended up pan frying the fish as my bbq decided to quit on me. Made for ZWT7.
Yum! Loved the flavors! I actually had a piece of leftover tuna, so I marinated for awhile, then used as a dip. So good! Thanks!
Oh, wow. This marinade is unbelievable. I actually tried it on two kinds of fish, as I was cooking for picky eaters. It is equally delicious on tuna or mahi mahi. The cumin comes through very strong, which I find delightful, but someone who doesn't love cumin might want to cut the amount down a bit. Thanks for sharing!