Recipe by Marg P
Found this on the Carnation Milk web-site. This has become a favorite because it is different, if you buy the chicken cooked it becomes quick and easy.
- 5 fluid ounces nestles Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup oil, of your choice
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- 4 cups washed salad greens
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas or 1 cup snow peas, chopped in bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (i use pecans) or 1⁄4 cup nuts, of choice (i use pecans)
- 6 (8 inch) tortillas
- shredded cheese (I use Gouda cheese) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For Dressing:.
- Place evaporated milk, lemon juice, oil, sugar, ginger, salt and black pepper in small jar, cover with lid. Shake well until well blended. Makes 1 cup.
- For Salad:.
- Combine salad greens ,chicken, carrots, peas, dried cranberries and nuts in large bowl. Add 2/3 cup of dressing; toss until evenly coated.
- Place 1 cup salad mixture on each tortilla. Sprinkle with shredded cheese if using. Roll up tightly, cut in half and serve remaining dressing on site if desired.
- Note: Dressing can be make up one day ahead and refrigerated. Shake well before using.