Recipe by Hey Jude
Here's a quicky, easy, tasty grilled salmon recipe that I found in the Daily Herald. Prep time includes marinading time.
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml rice vinegar
- 2-3 clove garlic, to your taste,minced
- 29.58 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 29.58 ml hoisin sauce
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 9.85 ml sesame seeds, toasted
- 2.46 ml lemon pepper
- 1133.98 g salmon fillets, with skin on
- 9.85 ml black sesame seeds, toasted for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, ginger, sesame seeds and lemon pepper.
- Pour over the salmon in a shallow glass dish.
- Cover and let marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Before preparing a hot fire, spray grill grate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Grill the salmon, flesh side down first, directly on the grill grate, for about 5 minutes.
- Using both a wide metal fish spatula and a grill spatula, carefully turn the fillet over onto the skin side and grill for another 5 minutes, until a milky juice appears on top of the thickest part of the fillet.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the black sesame seeds.