Prep1 hr 15 mins
Here's a quicky, easy, tasty grilled salmon recipe that I found in the Daily Herald. Prep time includes marinading time.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, to your taste,minced
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, with skin on
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, toasted for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, ginger, sesame seeds and lemon pepper.
- Pour over the salmon in a shallow glass dish.
- Cover and let marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Before preparing a hot fire, spray grill grate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Grill the salmon, flesh side down first, directly on the grill grate, for about 5 minutes.
- Using both a wide metal fish spatula and a grill spatula, carefully turn the fillet over onto the skin side and grill for another 5 minutes, until a milky juice appears on top of the thickest part of the fillet.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the black sesame seeds.
I love salmon and this recipe provided truly fantastic flavour and ease of preparation. The cooking time was right on the money. Thanks Judy - this one's a real winner.
Great salmon! Loved the flavors in the marinade. I boiled the marinade down while the salmon was grilling, and served it over the top. I only marinated 30 minutes because I think longer in an acid marinade starts to "cook" the fish and toughen it.
Well, I can't believe I posted a pic but never reviewed this! This was a wonderful salmon recipe--very easy, especially since I broiled this instead of grilling it. I served this with sechuan green beans on the side--wonderful! Thanks for posting (and sorry for the late review!)