Recipe by Hey Jude
Here's a quicky, easy, tasty grilled salmon recipe that I found in the Daily Herald. Prep time includes marinading time.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, to your taste,minced
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, with skin on
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, toasted for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, ginger, sesame seeds and lemon pepper.
- Pour over the salmon in a shallow glass dish.
- Cover and let marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Before preparing a hot fire, spray grill grate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Grill the salmon, flesh side down first, directly on the grill grate, for about 5 minutes.
- Using both a wide metal fish spatula and a grill spatula, carefully turn the fillet over onto the skin side and grill for another 5 minutes, until a milky juice appears on top of the thickest part of the fillet.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the black sesame seeds.