Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Pesto has an Asian flavor. The recipe comes from our local Farmers Market.
- 3⁄4 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 inch peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon cashews
- 1 -2 garlic clove, smashed
- 3⁄4 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- Grind basil,cilantro,nuts,garlic,and ginger in food processor til finely chopped.
- Add olive oil,sesame oil,lemon juice,and tabasco and process til blended.
- Taste and adjust to preference.
Oh, we loved this! It has such a unique and delicious taste. Nice balance of flavors. I halved the sesame oil. Served it over rice noodles for two.
what a delicious twist on pesto! i loved the addition of the cashews and lemon. since i am not a big cilantro fan i used more basil but this tasted great over soba noodles. this one's a keeper!