Recipe by Potagekempcc
Pacific Rim Salad with Mango, warm Fresh Alaskan Blackened Shrimp, Sea Scallops and a Cilantro Vinaigrette.
- 3 heads bibb lettuce (Chopped)
- 6 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 japanese cucumbers (Seeded, Sliced Thin)
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup red onion (Sliced Thin)
- 1 cup red bell pepper (Small Diced)
- 2 mangoes (Sliced Thin)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 jumbo shrimp (Fresh Alaskan, P&D )
- 8 sea scallops (Fresh Alaskan)
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (Lemon)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons (Cut in Wedges)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine 1-teaspoon salt,1-teaspoon black pepper, old bay seasoning, cajun seasoning, lemon juice, lime juice, 1-tablespoon cilantro and lemon thyme. Whisk in 2-tablespoons olive oil, add shrimp, scallops and toss.
- In a hot saute pan add 1-tablespoon butter and sauté shrimp 2-3 minutes or until are golden brown. Add 1-tablespoon cilantro, toss shrimp, remove and hold warm.
- Add 1-tablespoon butter and sauté scallops 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Add 1-tablespoon cilantro, toss scallops, remove and hold warm.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, lime juice, cilantro, lime zest and thyme. Wisk in olive oil 1-tablespoon at a time until dressing is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the salad:.
- Combine lettuce and spinach in a bowl and toss. Divide lettuce on chilled salad plates. Place cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, red pepper and mangoes strips over lettuce.
- Place 2 warm shrimp and 2 warm scallops on top of each salad.
- Drizzle cilantro-lime dressing over each salad and serve.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and lemon wedges.