Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From The National Honey Board. Delicious. Marinate time is 1 hour.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb swordfish steak
- Combine first 8 ingredients; mix well.
- Marinate swordfish steaks in honey mixture at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Grill fish allowing 10 minutes per inch of thickness or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
This is very good I would like to have marinated it a little longer but the flavor was very nice the fish came out moist and juicy. Thanks for a great recipe.
This was terrific, thanks! My staple barbecue fish marinade was one I loved but was was getting a bit bored with (see my Barbecue Fish Marinade, so I looked for another. This is an absolute cracker! I followed the recipe exactly and used some freshwater fish fillets. Absolutely mouthwatering - will definitely be making it again!
WOW! Though I will have to say I didn't have a bite. My husband had some and my kids ate the rest. Though next time I think I'll make double just so I can get some. LOL...The only thing I did different was I didn't have any hoisin sauce, but I did have fish sauce. It came out so good, even my picky eater loved it. Thanks NurseDi!