Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Posting this for ZWT 2006 (Asian region) I can't wait to try this one. I love fish and the glaze for this sounds sooo good.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 swordfish steaks (can use any firm whitefish)
- Combine all ingredients except fish in small bowl; mix well.
- Place fish in shallow baking dish and pour marinade over it; cover and regrigerate for one hour; remove fish from marinade.
- Grill over medium hot coals about 10 minutes per inch thickness of fish or until fish turns opaque and flakes easily with a fork; this can also be broiled using same directions.
Okay, but I think there needs some oil in the glaze - maybe a bit of sesame oil to keep the asian flavor.