Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs beef flank steak
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (large)
- to taste pepper
- to taste salt
- In medium shallow dish, combine marinade ingredients, adding pepper, as desired; whisk until blended.
- Remove and reserve 3/4 cup for basting.
- With sharp knife, lightly score both sides of beef steak in a crisscross pattern.
- Place steak in remaining marinade in dish, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, basting occasionally with reserved 3/4 cup marinade and turning once. Place remaining basting marinade in s mall saucepan; place on grid of grill and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices; arrange on platter.
- Spoon hot marinade over beef, as desired.
- Garnish with orange slices and rosemary sprigs.
- Tip: To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 13 to 18 minutes, basting occasionally with reserved 3/4 marinade and turning once.
Excellent! Nice flavor, very tender. I grilled with haf the onions on top, and when I turned steak over, spooned on the other half. Boiled the marinade and served with the meat.
This is excellent. I have prepared it several times now & it is always well received. It is very tender and tasty. Barbeques well too. I too turn the marrinade into a sauce.
This was good, but I would have liked the marinade to give it a little more flavor. Next time I will marinate it quite a bit longer, and/or use the marinade as a sauce as others have suggested. It was enjoyed by all. Thanks for sharing!