Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious alternative to the usual American fruit salad, given to me by an accomplished hostess in Australia. This is so good it can be served for breakfast or as a side dish at any meal. If you prefer, you may substitute mangoes for the papaya (or pawpaw) with equally delicious results.
- 1 golden ripe papaya (There should be more papaya than banana and kiwi, about 2/3 papaya and 1/3 banana & kiwi)
- green kiwi fruit (not the golden variety)
- 1⁄2 orange
- 1⁄2 lemon
- peel and seed papaya, cut into cubes.
- place papaya in a large glass bowl.
- add sliced kiwis and bananas and mix well.
- squeeze orange and lemon together, stir into fruit mix.
- let stand at room temperature an hour or two, then refrigerate overnight for best results.
Great salad! I loved it. I used 300 grams papaya (half a small/medium one), 60g kiwi (1) and 75g sliced banana with 50ml each of fresh squeezed lemon and orange juices. Altogether that works out as about 212 calories, for those that are interested, and made a great and healthy breakfast or lunch for 1. Thanks!