Mmmm - this is yummy and a wonderful one dish meal for company or any old time. Serve with a crunch baguette and Crisp Pinot Grigio. US Barefoot is a very nice one with a very decent price. This recipe is from Taste magazine which is put out by various Liquor Distributors. April 2008 **I tried using a peppered goats cheese instead of the ricotta and much preferred it that way.
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 44.37 ml fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 709.77 ml penne pasta
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 340.19 g large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 473.18 ml packed baby spinach leaves
- 177.44 ml firm ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, shaved
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 10 minutes or until tender but firm.
- Stir in prepared olive oil mixture. Cover to keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add prawns and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, cooked pasta and spinach and toss over the heat just until the spinach is wilted.
- Sprinkle with ricotta and parmesan and fold in gently.
- Serve immediately.