This dish dresses up a dinner party plate. Goes nicely with Pacific Northwest Poached Salmon in White Wine Bouillon. This recipe is from Taste Magazine which is put out by various Liquor Distributors.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion and saute until soft, about five minutes.
- Place in a large baking dish that has a tight-fitting lid (or cover tightly with double layer of foil).
- Rinse wild rice under cold running water for 1 minute. Add to baking dish along with brown rice.
- In a small saucepan, bring stock and butter to a boil. Stir in salt. Immediately pour over rice in baking dish and seal tightly with or foil.
- Bake one hour or until tender. Remove from oven. Uncover and fluff with fork.
- Cover dish with a clean kitchen towel and let stand for five minutes. Uncover and let stand for five minutes more. Stir in basil.
- Press pilaf into lightly oiled moulds or custard cups. Invert onto dinner plates.