1/1 Photo of Pacific Northwest Mushroom & Wild Rice Pilaf
1 hr 16 mins
Beautiful BC's Note:
This dish dresses up a dinner party plate. Goes nicely with Pacific Northwest Poached Salmon in White Wine Bouillon. This recipe is from Taste Magazine which is put out by various Liquor Distributors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion and saute until soft, about five minutes.
- 3Place in a large baking dish that has a tight-fitting lid (or cover tightly with double layer of foil).
- 4Rinse wild rice under cold running water for 1 minute. Add to baking dish along with brown rice.
- 5In a small saucepan, bring stock and butter to a boil. Stir in salt. Immediately pour over rice in baking dish and seal tightly with or foil.
- 6Bake one hour or until tender. Remove from oven. Uncover and fluff with fork.
- 7Cover dish with a clean kitchen towel and let stand for five minutes. Uncover and let stand for five minutes more. Stir in basil.
- 8Press pilaf into lightly oiled moulds or custard cups. Invert onto dinner plates.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pacific Northwest Mushroom & Wild Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.7
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 198.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: