Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Epicurious. The best ingredients from the PNW!
Make and share this Pacific Northwest Bing Cherry Hazelnut Sundaes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon kirsch (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, toasted, loose skins rubbed off, and chopped
- 1 pint super-premium vanilla ice cream or 1 pint cherry ice cream
- 16 -20 bing cherries, pitted and chopped coarse
- In a dry heavy saucepan (about 1-quart capacity) cook sugar over moderate heat, without stirring, until it begins to melt.
- Continue cooking sugar, stirring with a fork, until melted and swirl pan until sugar is deep golden caramel.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in cream, kirsch, and salt, stirring until smooth (mixture will bubble up). Stir in hazelnuts and let sauce cool.
- Scoop ice cream into 4 sundae dishes and spoon sauce over it. Sprinkle sundaes with cherries.