Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Weber’s Real Grilling
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 (1 lb) skirt steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- vegetable oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Make the marinade: in a bowl, whisk all the marinade ingredients together.
- Cut each skirt steak into 8-10 inch pieces.
- Place the steaks in a large zip-lock plastic bag and pour in marinade.
- Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Pat the steaks dry with paper towels; let steaks stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Lightly brush or spray both sides of the steaks with oil and season with pepper to taste.
- Grill over Direct High heat until cooked to desired doneness, 4-6 minutes for medium-rare, turning once.
- Remove from grill and let rest 2-3 minutes; slice thinly; serve warm.