Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on the Slimming World website and would like to try it. The cooking time is chilling time, which will most likely be a couple of hours.
- 1 (1 ounce) package unflavored gelatin (but only one packet) or 1 (1 ounce) package agar-agar (but only one packet)
- 15 ounces very low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- artificial sweetener, to taste
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ripe fresh mango
- 1 ripe fresh guava
- 2 fresh passion fruit
- fresh mint leaves (to garnish)
- For Agar use only one packet.
- Sprinkle the gelatine onto 85ml/3 fl oz hot water. Stir until dissolved. Stand for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, then set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt and vanilla essence together. Sweeten to taste then fold in the gelatine and stir well.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the yogurt mixture using a metal spoon. Pour into an 852ml/1½ pint mould and chill in the refrigerator until set.
- Peel and finely chop the mango and guava and chill until the mousse is set.
- Turn out the mousse and cut into 4 slices. Serve each portion with the tropical fruit and decorate with the seeds from the passion fruit and a small sprig of mint.