Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I coined this recipe tonight by combing a variety of recipes, some good intuition and the result was a masterpeice bursting with flavor. It would be selfish of me not to share this one. Let me know what you think. Don't forget to wear the grass skirt when you make this one!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced into strips
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into large matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup Yoshida gourmet sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 11 ounces mandarin orange segments
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- In 2C glass measure, combine Yoshidas, Orange Juice, Honey & Orange zest to make marinade.
- Pour 1/2 the marinade into bowl and set aside other half.
- Add chicken to bowl and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- This is a good time to start cooking your rice as directed.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
- Heat wok on high.
- Add Olive Oil until hot.
- Add Garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add Onion, Bell Pepper, Carrot and stir-fry until almost soft.
- Add Chicken and continuing stir-frying until chicken 1/2 cooked.
- Add remaining marinade and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink.
- Mix Cold Water & Cornstarch in small glass.
- Pour into wok until sauce thickens, then remove from heat.
- Serve chicken mixture with gravy onto plates topped with a bed of Jasmine rice.
- Top with Mandarine Oranges, Chopped Cashews, and Cilantro.
- Bon Apetite!
I made this for PAC 2012. Wow, this was really good and easy to make! I don't have a wok so I used a deep frying pan. The flavors blended really well together and my family really enjoyed this. Thanks for posting this recipe!