I coined this recipe tonight by combing a variety of recipes, some good intuition and the result was a masterpeice bursting with flavor. It would be selfish of me not to share this one. Let me know what you think. Don't forget to wear the grass skirt when you make this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced into strips
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into large matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup Yoshida gourmet sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 11 ounces mandarin orange segments
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1In 2C glass measure, combine Yoshidas, Orange Juice, Honey & Orange zest to make marinade.
- 2Pour 1/2 the marinade into bowl and set aside other half.
- 3Add chicken to bowl and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4This is a good time to start cooking your rice as directed.
- 5Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
- 6Heat wok on high.
- 7Add Olive Oil until hot.
- 8Add Garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
- 9Add Onion, Bell Pepper, Carrot and stir-fry until almost soft.
- 10Add Chicken and continuing stir-frying until chicken 1/2 cooked.
- 11Add remaining marinade and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink.
- 12Mix Cold Water & Cornstarch in small glass.
- 13Pour into wok until sauce thickens, then remove from heat.
- 14Serve chicken mixture with gravy onto plates topped with a bed of Jasmine rice.
- 15Top with Mandarine Oranges, Chopped Cashews, and Cilantro.
- 16Bon Apetite!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pacific Island Garlic Orange Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1060.4
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 361.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 49.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Yoshida gourmet sauce