1/1 Photo of Pacific Island Fish Salad
2 hrs 15 mins
The Oceanian people couldn't have come up with a better dish than this Pacific Island Fish Salad, specially when it comes to culinary creativity. Posted for ZWT7.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the fish into 1 cm (1/2 inch) cubes and put into a bowl. Stir well.
- 2Then cover with lemon juice, cover with foil and leave for at least two hours. After this time the fish should look like poached.
- 3Put in a strainer. Keep only 1/4 cup of the juice.
- 5Chop the onion finely, grate the carrot, partly peel the cucumber and cut into small cubes, slice the capsicum, shred the cabbage and cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- 6Just before serving combine the fish with the vegetables and toss in coconut milk.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pacific Island Fish Salad
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.8
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 29.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: