Recipe by Stewie
This was posted in response to a request re: coconuts. It is not especially "Heart Smart" so I would categorize it as a special dish for an occasional treat.
- 6 piece white fish fillets, cleaned and fileted
- 473.18 ml coconut cream
- 29.58 ml finely chopped onions
- 4.92 ml salt
- chopped chili (optional)
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1-2 tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- To Make the Sauce: In a small saucepan mix coconut cream, onion, salt, chilli, lemon juice, and the cornstarch (mixed to a paste with a little of the cold coconut cream).
- Bring the mixture to a boiling point, stirring all the time.
- Do not allow sauce to boil hard as it will become lumpy.
- Simmer for 3 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Dip pieces of fish in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Brown lightly in hot oil.
- Place the fish in a casserole dish and pour the sauce over the top.
- Garnish with slices of tomato.
- Bake at 300F degrees for 20 minutes.