Recipe by Stewie
This was posted in response to a request re: coconuts. It is not especially "Heart Smart" so I would categorize it as a special dish for an occasional treat.
- 6 pieces white fish fillets, cleaned and fileted
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- chopped chili (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 -2 tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- To Make the Sauce: In a small saucepan mix coconut cream, onion, salt, chilli, lemon juice, and the cornstarch (mixed to a paste with a little of the cold coconut cream).
- Bring the mixture to a boiling point, stirring all the time.
- Do not allow sauce to boil hard as it will become lumpy.
- Simmer for 3 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Dip pieces of fish in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Brown lightly in hot oil.
- Place the fish in a casserole dish and pour the sauce over the top.
- Garnish with slices of tomato.
- Bake at 300F degrees for 20 minutes.