1/1 Photo of Pacific Island - Baked Papaya Dessert
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 40 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
This recipe was taken from a Pacific Island web site for the ZWT-7 tour of the South Pacific. It sounds like a tasty quick and easy to make dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Place the papayas, cut side up, in a shallow baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle with the sugar and add the water.
- 4Bake uncovered in the middle of the oven for 1½ hours, or until the papayas are tender but still keep their shape.
- 5Every half hour, pull out the oven rack and baste the papayas with the liquid from the dish.
- 6For the last 5 minutes of baking raise the heat to 400°F and bake until the syrup gets thick and becomes the color of caramel.
- 7Turn off the heat and pour the coconut milk into the center of the papayas.
- 8Leave the papayas in the oven until the milk gets warm, about 5 minutes.
- 9Serve immediately, or refrigerate and serve cold, they are good either way.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pacific Island - Baked Papaya Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 660.9
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 71.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 112.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g